- Best Western debuts in Myanmar (27/12/2013)
Best Western debuts in Myanmar
The opening of the BEST WESTERN Green Hill Hotel, Yangon, marks only the start of BWI’s expansion plans in Myanmar. Next year the company will launch its first hotel in the country’s capital, Nay Pyi Taw.
BANGKOK - Best Western International (BWI) is delighted to announce the opening of its first hotel in Myanmar – the world’s most exciting emerging tourism destination.
The company has now officially launched the Best Western Green Hill Hotel, Yangon – a contemporary, 189-room midscale hotel located in the heart of Myanmar’s largest city, with views of the glittering spires of the stunning Shwedagon Pagoda.
“I am absolutely delighted to welcome the BEST WESTERN Green Hill Hotel into our fast-expanding portfolio of hotels in Asia,” said Glenn de Souza, BWI’s Vice President of International Operations for Asia and the Middle East.
“Once again Best Western International is blazing a trail in the global hospitality industry. Our arrival in Myanmar makes Best Western the first US-based hotel company to establish a presence in this exciting country, since it opened up to international investment. This is a great source of pride for our historic company.
“With the incredible growth and development currently being seen in Myanmar, and incredibly bright forecasts for the future, I am extremely confident that BEST WESTERN Green Hill Hotel will be a huge success. Best Western International sees huge potential in Myanmar, and we intended to be here for the long-term, helping to grow the country’s tourism industry,” Mr. de Souza added.
Best Western Green Hill Hotel, Yangon, offer 189 contemporary guest rooms and suites with a range of modern amenities for the international traveler, including complimentary in-room Wi-Fi, work desks, power sockets and flat-screen TVs with satellite channels.
The hotel also features a restaurant serving Asian and international cuisine, while the corporate and events markets are well catered for, with three meeting rooms offering more than 200m² of function space.
- Quang Binh opens up world’s biggest cave to tourists (12/9/2014)
- Sa Pa terraced fields on list of the worlds most beautiful places (12/9/2014)
- Viet Nam promotes image at Embassy Day in Berlin (12/9/2014)
- Vietnam cultural week opens in Italy (11/9/2014)
- International tourism fair kicks off in Ho Chi Minh City (11/9/2014)
- Vietnams first five-star all-inclusive cruise to launch in Nha Trang Bay (11/9/2014)
- Ba Be - A green gem in the mountains (11/9/2014)
- Ha Noi - Ha Long Bay seaplane tours launched (10/9/2014)
- Ziplining to attract more tourists to Phong Nha-Ke Bang (10/9/2014)
- Visiting tea plantations in Moc Chau (10/9/2014)